With the self-service system, bicycles are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
More than 700 bicycles, of which 140 are electric, can be found at one of the 100 docking stations located throughout the area.
Whether you are just visiting or a frequent user you can hire a bicycle and drop it off at your chosen docking station.
MODE OF OPERATION
- The freedom of using a bicycle without the maintenance
- 24-hour availability in La Rochelle, Aytré, Périgny, Lagord, Puilboreau, and coming soon to Châtelaillion-Plage and Angoulins.
- Ideal for getting around town from one place to the next
How it works:
Subscription: Sign-up online by downloading the application Freebike by Yélo, available for iPhone and Android, or register directly at a docking station using our touch-screens.
Or simply create an account on our website: yelo-larochelle.fr
For frequent users / registered users: to hire a bicycle, use your smartphone (open the application Freebike by Yélo and scan the QR code of your chosen bicycle) or use your Yélo card (place your card in front of the scanner on the pole at the docking station).
Whether you are a visitor or frequent user, several fares are applicable:
- Occasional hire: 0.50 € for the first 30 minutes. After this, you will be billed 1.00 € for each additional half an hour.
- Yearly subscription: Access to this service is 25 € (20 € f you already have a Yélo bus, boat, or Yélomobile card. Purchase the card at the ‘‘Maison de la Mobilité’’ transport office. The cost then depends on the time of use: the first 30 minutes is free, then 0.50 € for the next half hour, and 1.00€ for each additional half an hour.
- Occasional hire: 1.30 € for the first 30 minutes. After this you will be billed 1,80 € for each additional half an hour.
- Yearly subscription: Access to this service is 25 € (20 € f you already have a Yélo bus, boat or Yélomobile card. Purchase the card at the ‘‘Maison de la Mobilité’’ transport office. The cost then depends on the time of use: 1.30 € for half an hour starting from the first minute.
There is a 200€ deposit requested at the time of hire. The deposit will only be charged if you are late returning your bicycle to a docking station, if there is severe damage to the bicycle, or failure to return the bicycle. Depending on your bank, it is possible that your credit card will be charged momentarily for the deposit.
What you need to know:
- You must be at least 16 years or older to use the self-service bicycle system.
- It is forbidden to keep your bicycle for more than 24 hours.
- It is forbidden to leave the perimeter of the urban area of La Rochelle with a Yélo bike (use of the bike is limited to the 28 townships part of the urban area of La Rochelle). It is therefore forbidden to cross the bridge to the Ile de Ré (the Ile de Ré being outside of the perimeter).